large frame SUN SOLO??? baby blue colour.

tee-one

Senior Retro Guru
anyone know how old a very large framed sun solo in baby blue, with raleigh compontents would be?? its stickers are orange and darker blue.and has raleigh chrome wheels also. it has a brooks vitesse seat.fitted. ive ridden this bike numerous times on long trips and camping trips , but just found this forum so thought id ask some people who may know the age. would the serial number tell me? it a 10 speed by the way. ill try to get some pics up tonight.

Cheers, :)

sunsolo.jpg

all components are raleigh, except the brakes that i upgraded to weinmann 605's

mainly want an age of this bike, cant find any info anywhere.

Early 80's - I think it was a Raleigh sub-brand. Raleigh wanted to supply the home shopping catalogues but had some kind of deal with Halfords about price and brand protection and so had to re-use names of comapnies they'd bought. The other one used a lot was Phillips - the Philips Premiere was a Raleigh Equippe.

Anyway - I remember someone at school having the junior sized version of this back in 1984, so it's no newer than that.

had it since i was like 14 fair enough im only 20 now but still a long time for me. lol got a dawes fox too and a claude butler majestic i think it is? im well into my raleighs id have em over anything, No idea why. Guess its more habit than anything now.

anyway... better do somthing with it i guess haha

Back