Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I like to give the illusion this place is a bit of a democracy. Of course it isn't. However thought I'd put this to the vote, should we split the road classifieds into

For Sale

and

Wanted

I think we should. Some people don't specify so well if they want something or are selling. Same with 1998 classifieds.

Don't think it could work with other classifieds though. Personally.

John":bge73csi said:
I like to give the illusion this place is a bit of a democracy. Of course it isn't. However thought I'd put this to the vote, should we split the road classifieds into

For Sale

and

Wanted

Is this proportional representation or alternative vote?

I dont think its necessary. There arent enough ads to merit separate categories. All it needs is some discipline from OP's to put "WTD" in front of ads. Otherwise its just another menu to drill into.

I do have thoughts on post 98 road stuff. does it go in "road" or the dedicated "post 98" section, which is heavily dominated by MTB stuff. If we are going to split, I'd go for ...
Road stuff for sale and wanted - Retro
Road stuff for sale and wanted - modern

I think separate For Sale/Wanted is a good idea but not bothered about the mixing of old and new. I can see stuff being put in the wrong section if you're not absolutely sure of the year.

Mark.

i like the current mix and match...but im brand new here so my views aren't worth much.

1duck":3nirb7np said:
i like the current mix and match...but im brand new here so my views aren't worth much.

Ah, but tha's from Yorkshire lad so 'owt tha sez is worth 'earing abaht!

I've voted no, but I wish people would make more of an effort to say if their ad is 'for sale' or 'wanted'!

Back