Help identify this bike

oldgit

Retro Guru
Trying to help someone else here, bit of a testing image but you never know?
5576321753_db839bfd44_z.jpg

Looks like a cheap "joggled" nicklin from about 1960, made to faintly resemble the continental 3 arm cranks, on low end bikes.
Could be a letter "N" on the back of the cranks.

Looks like a raleigh headset, but cast fork crown would point to a raleigh Carlton make (BSA Sun etc.), low end. Has it got the cheap carlton wrapover? (swaged) not solid top eyes.

This is the final picture to be sent to me, I'm affraid the guy knows little about bikes. And I know it has a Brooks
5598805896_23aa4c07bd_z.jpg

I would have said Claud Butler, something like an Electron. But one thing I'm sure the Electron didn't have was those 'points' on the top of the crown. You can just make out the raised point/triangle on top of the crown in the piccy.

Another mildy odd touch is the sky blue ribbed brake cable, seems an unusual colour?

Just looking down at the head , brake bracket and fork crown in this picture it looks like a Carlton mid 70s frame.

oldgit":7t2yhugr said:
Have been sent this, he can't see any markings at all.
5596747821_847e99ec9a_z.jpg

Can you get the 'guy' to send you a pic of the underside of the BBS.. bottom bearing Shell.
There should be frame numbers there if it is Carlton?

Has he seen and id on it by way of numbers

derailled":3fx3cj33 said:
Just looking down at the head , brake bracket and fork crown in this picture it looks like a Carlton mid 70s frame.

oldgit":3fx3cj33 said:
Have been sent this, he can't see any markings at all.
5596747821_847e99ec9a_z.jpg

Actually might see it today.
Looks odd doesn't it. I though CB Electron, but they didn't have that triangle on top of the crown.
Also can't find any pics of CBs and Carltons with that copy chainset
The colour is unusual as well, unless it's a respray.
And one final tiny little odd detail, Duck egg blue ribbed brake cable?
I'm sure it's tat, but I'm very curious.
Oh and the chrome bars and stem, not alloy.

Back