GWiles03small.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • GWiles02small.JPG
    GWiles02small.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,019
  • GWiles01small.JPG
    GWiles01small.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,019
Aint too shabby! Although Id investigate some different bar tape and pedals myself!

I like the pedals alot. Wish I had a pair in that awesome colour scheme!

I'm less impressed by the seatpost. It could be Italian - possibly a 3TTT... but it looks cheap and nasty. Not quite as stylish as the quality Athena the rest of the bike is dripping with.

I'm guessing the frame might be a bit older than the parts. Looks like it might have a Nuovo Record headset.

Your customer clearly doesn't ride any real distance on his bike with the saddle in that position. Reminds me of the kids who buy "fixies" having no idea how to set them up, and do the same thing.

Toff":5fbrmg3o said:
I like the pedals alot. Wish I had a pair in that awesome colour scheme!

I liked them too. I don't know whether they were custom sprayed or came like that from Look. :?

I'm less impressed by the seatpost. It could be Italian - possibly a 3TTT... but it looks cheap and nasty.......

It's a Kalloy, I think. You can't see it from that angle but there's a rivet in the front of the post. It looks like the head came unbonded at some point and was repaired (that's what I think anyway).

Your customer clearly doesn't ride any real distance on his bike with the saddle in that position.

He's only ridden it to the shop from his house before (a couple of miles at most). The bike was given to him by his uncle apparently! I wish I had an uncle that gave me stuff like that! :shock:

BTW how can you tell that's Athena on there? A lot of the Campag parts around that time look the same to me (not that I see a lot of them mind you). :?

Search for Sylvain bikes on this site , his saddle angle is worse than that and he is probably faster than all of us on here . ;)

Is it just my eyes or is that a super-relaxed seat tube angle by road frame standards?

David

Back