Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:26 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:17 am 
Retro Guru

I will be getting my Raleigh Lenton Marque 111 restored. Unfortunately I can't find the correct replacement transfers, H Lloyd only do the Sports ones.
The originals really are quite a peice of work, and the reason I've not restored already is simply to save them.
However the times come to pressgan the bike into work, and part of that deal means a respray.
So to my question any idea how much a set of transfers would cost to replicate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Greg Softley (Cyclomondo on Ebay) will replicate any decal set. Send him the highest quality pics you can with a ruler included in each shot. He compensates for frame curvature when he replicates. Better yet, if you ar going to respray, then you can cut the old decals off carefully with a razor blade and flat scan them. (You have to cut the paint off too.)

His price will vary depending on the detail involved and the resale value. If you are giving him a pattern that he can sell to lots of other people his price could be around $20 USD, but if it's not a common decal, then the cost will probably be between $40-$50 USD for the set I'd say.

I have a list of firms that do original and repro decals, but it's on my home computer, so I might put that list up tonight. I would suggest contacting those companies before resorting to getting replicas made.