NEED HELP WITH TVT CARBON LEMOND TEAM Z BIKE

tvtcarbon

Retro Newbie
i BOUGHT THE BIKE NEW YES NEW ABOUT A MONTH AGO FROM A SHOP IN VA. THE HAD IT ON EBAY A WHILE BACK AND IT DID NOT SELL SO I LOOK IT UP MONTHS LATER CALLED THEM AND NOW ITS MINE.I NEED HELP FIGURING THE TIME FRAME THEY SAY ITS AN 89 I THINK THE RECORD IS AS WELL....HOWEVER THEY SOLD THE REAR SHIFTER SOMETIME BACK AND I DONT KNOW IF ITS THE OPEN CAGE OR CLOSED. THE DELTAS HAVE THE 3.5 SO I KNOW ITS OLDER. THE TOP TUBE DOES NOT SAY TVT92. THE STICKER SET SAYS LEMONDS WIN IN 86, JR WORLDS AND WORLDS ONLY NO 89 TOUR. HOW IS IT THAT IF IT IS AN 89 IT IS TEAM Z COLOURS AND IF A 90 IT DOESNT HAVE HIS 89 WIN ON THE FRAME...ANY HELP AT ALL WOULD BE GREAT. AGAIN THE BIKE HAS NEVER BEEN RIDEN BUT TESTED AND HUNG SINCE 89 OR SO, ORIG TUBULARS AND ALL....PLS NOTE PICTURE TWO SHOWS A DIFF BIKE(ACTUAL TOUR BIKE I THINK) HAS THE 2 TOUR WINS ON IT AND ENGRAVED TVT LUGS MINE DOES NOT AND IS THE OTHER PICS

Attachments

• bikelemond.jpeg
    bikelemond.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6,216
  • delta.jpeg
    delta.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 6,214
  • lemondTVT90TdFss.jpg
    lemondTVT90TdFss.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 6,211
  • seatpost.jpeg
    seatpost.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6,215
LeMond rode for ADR in 1989 and was riding a Battaglin. In terms of his Z Team bikes, he didn't ride the team-issue TVT and generally rode a re-badged Calfee.

thank you for the info, however lemonds adr carbon bike was a tvt, his carbon z bikes were tvt until 92 ish then yes he rode calfee. the picture of the tvt i posted with the tvt stamped in lug, is one of his actual bikes, also 89 worlds he rode a tvt with mavic.thanks again

Parts are either 1989 or 1990, assuming it's not 8-speed.

Retrofriction shifters make me think 1989 is more likely.

The rear derailleur should be an "open cage" one.

Quality score!

thanks again so the open cage does it say campagnolo or is it the logo?.....great website btw ps if it is an 89 at least parts in 89 this would not of been a team z bike ...right? however ive seen posted pics of this type of tvt with these stickers...its what confuses me

Hie
This TVT is the 1990's Z team bike when greg lemond win is 3 Tour france.
The bike you bike is not the original from the team , some stickers are not on.

thank you, I do realize this is not a "team" bike, however the help i need is this, this is an 89 bike, after 89 the tvts said tvt92 on the top tube and they had it stamped in the lugs and the front badge said gl, not team z or tvt. What im looking for is this.....if the bike is an 89, parts and frame how does it have team z replica stickers, there are more than one of these bikes like this, and this bike does have all correct stickers for that year, this bike only has his 86 tour win on the sticker which would make sense due to the fact by july 89 all the 89 tvts had been produced and stickered. If anyone on this website knows how to get in touch with anyone from ten speed drive(yes i know they no longer operate)that might help as i think they were stickered in the U.S

Sure the bike is 90's not 89's.
To be perfect it only need the TVT 92's stickers (than i've got to sell if you want) on the top tube.
Campagnolo record 8 speed group is completly correct.
You can put a scott drop in bar to be like the replica and a benotto white handlebar tape , and Time Racing or Racing magnesium pédals.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/BENOTTO-CELLO-NOS-RO ... 35b071b290

http://www.campyonly.com/images/retrobi ... D_Z_16.JPG

This bike as been mine for a long time (some parts had been changed to be perfect) and i love it and 90's cycling time and bikes , so you can ask me questions to complete your bike and wears.

the bike is 7spd retro friction again the post you sent of the z rider look at the lug in the front its engraved tvt as is 90 and up, mine is not, type in 89 lemond tvt carbon and do an image search you will see for whatever reason the 89's are diff. I do like your interest in this though

Back