Claud Butler 'New All Rounder'
Built December 1952
Basing the model on: http://www.nkilgariff.com/CBcats/Cat_52/NewAllrounder52.jpg
- 'New All Rounder' with Bilaminate construction. Resprayed at some point. Transfers look to be vinyl cut and lettering is a bit 'thicker' than originals I've seen.
- sadly I'm pretty certain these aren't original, the steerer is very long and uncut, hence the massive spacer. Nice forks though and very nice lugs too.
Original / Period parts:
Stem and Bars
- came with Alloy GB Spearpoint - complete with original GB pinch bolt! No name Maes bars. Replaced with GB Kromo Spearpoint and GB Maitland bars
- GB Superhood levers and GB Hiduminium Brakes
- Campagnolo Gran Sport single sided for freewheel.
- Mavic MA2 32/40h rims.
- ???? Omas top nut, huge spacer, cups - Maybe early Strada? WIll find out when I pull the fork at the weekend.
- Campagnolo 3320 Sport. Rare 1971 three arm steel cotterless crankset.
- ???? Campagnolo Nuovo Record? Tried to look in Campagnolo Catalogues, don't look like earlier Gran Sport braze on levers I don't think, so I'm assuming Nuovo Record
- ???? Campagnolo Super Record
- Campagnolo Nuovo Record - 2nd Gen? Also doesn't have any patent date on it unlike many other Nuovo Record ones. Wondering if this is this quite common or unusual???
Shimano BB and Freewheel so will definitely change these, and might mean wrong taper axle for crankset.
Will aim to update this thread as I probably try to get correct period parts for it. Might be a slow process as I try to finish getting my Rotrax finally finished, will put that up too when it gets back from painters.