Old Skool 25 mile Time Trial 30 April

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Hopefully this event might inspire some forum members to dust off their aging silk jerseys and 'have a go'. This is copied from the Time Trialling Forum ( http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ind ... opic=55089 ) -

'Peter Holland is promoting an Old Skool 25 on the C 25/22 2pm Sat 30/04/11 on behalf of Lincoln Wheelers- for pre1980 solo and tandem machines.

Where there are more than 3 in any category there will be prizes for 1st on fixed, 1st Road/TT bike, 1st on handicap, 1st lady, oldest machine plus rider, AND a 1st on 'Old Skool Penalty Points' handicap

The course is on the same roads as the C25/35 that Dougle promotes his Nev Crane Memorial event on, later in the year - all SC but still a decent course.

Entries £7 per rider (payable to P Holland) by Tuesday 19th April to
Peter Holland Stepping Sones Main Road Dunston Lincoln LN4 2EZ'

The course is in the Sleaford area of Lincolnshire.

If you've never ridden a Time Trial before then full info can be obtained on the Cycling Time Trials website (the sport's governing body) -

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

All the rules, regulations and entry forms can be read and downloaded. You have to use an official entry form, 'Retrobike.co.uk' is an affiliated club.

As the organiser is keen to organise an event for bikes that we like why not consider entering so we can have a good Retrobike presence.

Just the event for my '75 Holdsworth Pro.

Eeek!

Especially as I sponsored Lincoln Wheelers back in the day - I knew Ray Inkley well.

Roadking.

roadking":207zpb4n said:
Especially as I sponsored Lincoln Wheelers back in the day - .
impsport? sorta rings a bell with me
1980 is a bit early and restrictive. Hope they manage to get a good number of competitors

Damn! 1980 is 5 years too early for my oldest contender. I wonder how closely they'll scrutinize the bikes? Also I'm not sure I can ride 25 miles at race pace anyway! More like 2.5!

Mark.

I reckon the 1980 date is because this is a convenient date to pre-empt all the aero add-ons that became prevalent in the 80's.

So -

No oval frame tubing
No deep rims
No tribars or 'bullhorns'
No disc wheels
No clipless pedals (but I think this one will be overlooked in general terms but might lose points compared to clips and straps)
No concealed brake cables (ditto as per pedals)
No Lo-pro frames

Just a straightforward plain racer!

daccordimark":302rom03 said:
Damn! 1980 is 5 years too early for my oldest contender. I wonder how closely they'll scrutinize the bikes? Also I'm not sure I can ride 25 miles at race pace anyway! More like 2.5!

Mark.

Go on, you can do it! You've got several weeks to train yourself up to peak fitness. :twisted:

That sounds cool....
I did my first time trial ever on Suday, 15 miler. I was a little dismayed to see a whole heap of spanking new carbon lo-pro beasts when I got there and even turbo trainers along the kerbs..
Yes, I did feel a little silly turning up on '79 Koga... :oops: :D

Old Ned":34969h89 said:
I reckon the 1980 date is because this is a convenient date to pre-empt all the aero add-ons that became prevalent in the 80's.

So -

No oval frame tubing
No deep rims
No disc wheels
No clipless pedals (but I think this one will be overlooked in general terms but might lose points compared to clips and straps)
No Lo-pro frames

Damn. Can't play then:

Attachments

• lo pro.jpg
    lo pro.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,177
Iwasgoodonce":39pnmjbf said:
Old Ned":39pnmjbf said:

So -

No oval frame tubing
No deep rims
No disc wheels
No Lo-pro frames

Damn. Can't play then:

Nope, sorry!

Even if the date was set later you couldn't ride with a disc front wheel, they're considered potentially dangerous. Very stringent rules as to the allowed front rim depth.

Super bike though :D

Back