recommend me retro rims

billby

Dirt Disciple
Im still (slowly) trying to resurrect the old Cinelli Riviera and have an option of getting new rims and spokes for the Campag hubs.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

I need them to be cheap but also retro looking, so no fancy bling black aero stuff please. A quick search on the web and it looks like basic Rigida. Is there anything out there Im missing

Oh and any tips on removing a seized on durex freewheel, I have taken off the sprockets and still it wont shift

If you are looking for new rims then you can get mavic open sports in silver, think they run at about £20 a wheel. The best retro looking ones are the velo orange p-b-p rims, the cheapest place to get those is freshtripe.co.UK, think they come in at £35 and bar one small orange sticker are completely silver. I have built wheels up using them and they are very good.

Second vote for VO pbp's. Nice wheels but I'm not sure how they'll last with daily use. Mine are quite worn on the braking surfaces after just a few hundred miles.

Mine are running on a fixed so the wear isn't so obvious, guess as they are shiny they will show wear very quickly. I am sure you could prolong the shine by using soft compound blocks like the koolstop salmons.

I'm on a fixed too :D

I'm using soft rubber blocks on mine but have been surprised by the step they have already worn into them. I guess it's the nature of non-anodised bare aluminium rims.

Back