What do we know about 'Robin Williamson, Edinburgh'?

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've just bought a track bike off the bay as I might have a chance of doing a bit of track riding in the near future :D

It looks like a decent frame and I am sure I recognise the headlugs from somewhere.......any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
All I know, which isn't much, is they were a bike shop based in Stockbridge, Edinburgh, when I was a kid. It was where Alpine Bikes is now. I imagine they had the frames made for them and then badged them up. Think I saw a mixte and a tourer of there's around town recently.

A Robin Williamson owns Bike Trax http://www.biketrax.co.uk/about.php in Edinburgh, same chap possibly? He might be able to tell you more? Or I'm sure someone on here remembers the shop and knows more than I do.

Thanks, thats sort of what I found when I googled......it might be the same chap. I'll get some more details when I have it in the mancave, like whether there is a serial number on it and a side view of those lugs.......I'm, sure I recognise them, but can't find them anywhere........

Thanks for the reply though, and I think I'll contact the 'other' Robin Williamson when I get it......It looks like a bargain though!
:D

Cool, be good if you find something out from him. I figured you'd have got everything I had to offer via Google, but had to reply since it's from round these parts! I'll ask in my LBS, see if they know anymore, they've definitely had one or two of his bikes through their shop.

Look forward to seeing some better pictures when you get it and hear what it's like.

:0)

I get it Wednesday now.....
I've already got hold of a honey brooks for it.... Next is some leather full length bar grips, a shorter cinelli stem and a campag aero post.... Then sort the deadly brake lever out!
I've planned the build before I've got it!

Back