clamp on cable guides

creamedhoney

Retro Guru
seem to be getting confused. (not unusual)

have just bought a claud butler majestic f&f which has no gear cable guides. Was looking for a clamp on type guide to take the cables over the top of the b/b.

cant quite get my head around how it will work though, and there are different types of clamp on units available.[/img]

from the two in the pictures one seems to be a gude and a caple stop, the other two guides.

anyone got any advice on which would be required to work with an old shimano 600 front mech ?

my guess would be the two guides as that replicates the two guides brazed onto another frame I have?

any advice gratefully received.

seem to remember seeing something smilar on here when not looking - now cant find it. sorry if this has been covered already.

ben

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 894
  • 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 894
It depends what you have on the chainstay. If there is a braze-on or clamp-on for the outer cable stop there you just need guides. If there is no chainstay stop you could use a clamp-on at the bottom bracket with a stop and run outer cable all the way along the chainstay but you might need something to secure it further down anyway. I'd get guides at the BB and a chain stay stop.

Mark.

Claud Butler.

A bit cheeky bro,

but if you have a girlfriend/wife who would like a bike, I have a Claud Butler Majestique - the ladies version of yours (£50 + postage).

Roadking.

thanks for your response mark. think you have confirmed my thoughts.

Roadking - not out of the question. what size is it? - what about a swap - I have a 58cm ish Dedacciai zero tre fillet brazed f&F to get rid of.

Could do, I'll pm you.

Re your cable guides, you could use the plastic under bracket guide used on a lot on steel frames (particularly Raleighs) this either rivets or screws into the BB shell - a good neat solution.

Roadking.

Back