ciocc

pullingteeth

Retro Guru
i have bought a designer '84 columbus SLX tubed ciocc, realy nice,
does anybody have any experience of the frame, or any idea what it really should be built up with, cheers paul

Italian frame - surely there's only one answer: Super Record. The market for early 80s stuff hasn't quite gone as ballistic as the late 80s C-Record, so perfectly feasible to pick-up parts for reasonable prices and there's still enough to go round - as long as you steer clear of mint/boxed stuff. Besides, a bit of polishing never did anyone any harm.

Sounds like you are intending a period correct build - that would make a nice thread showing how you progress finding various parts and the build. Do you have any parts you intend to use, already?
How about a few pictures of the frame to whet our appetite?

David

Super/Nuovo record is the obvious choice but it's a bit of a jungle.

Early Look pedals would be OK.
Cinelli needs to be "winged" logo.
Saddles like Rolls, Regal, Turbo,Concor etc are all OK.
Mavic still on the small red old-style labels.
Super Record seatpost is later one-bolt type.
I think 84 Record brakes have italic engraving, not "block" lettering.
Cranks should be non-fluted type.
Mechs are the "black detailed" ones.

brakes ciocc

the 90's chorus brakes i took of my Dave Marsh , don't seem to fit, allen bolt too big for the hole drilled, i don't want to re drill so what brakes should i be looking for?
I'm not so fussy about the period stuff, but would like a bike to be lightish and be able to switch to down tube shifters if i get the eroika sorted... am i asking too much?

Re: brakes ciocc

pullingteeth":2xzugk5b said:
the 90's chorus brakes i took of my Dave Marsh , don't seem to fit, allen bolt too big for the hole drilled, i don't want to re drill so what brakes should i be looking for?
I'm not so fussy about the period stuff, but would like a bike to be lightish and be able to switch to down tube shifters if i get the eroika sorted... am i asking too much?

You need a brakeset with screw nuts like this :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75775029@N00/4397287007/in/set-72157617160097303/

what about if i fitted delta's i know it's not strictly correct for the time, i have found the brakes will take the allen key type, the chorus

rear had a sleeve on it.

Nice. I would think it somewhat later than 1984 however. The frame sure shows resemblance with a Concorde, but that is no coincidence.

Back