3-arm steel cotterless cranks

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Morning folks,
Inspired by Spokesmann's recent rBOTM-winning offering, I've decided on a change of direction for one of my current Raleigh builds. As a result, I'm trying to research my options for 3-arm cotterless cranksets in shiny chromed steel. The only model I've seen for far is the lovely but rare Campagnolo Sport 3320 and I'm not particularly confident of seeing one soon - so who else made something that might be of interest? Ideally I'd like something with a detatchable double-ring set up, but a single could be an option to get me going.

I've seen plenty of cottered ones by the likes of Stronglight and Williams and also the ones with fancy patterned arms for Raleigh, Rudge, BAS etc - but no cotterless. Were there others, apart from Campagnolo Sport? And if so, where would be the best place to go looking? Ebay didn't turn much of interest up last night!

Thanks in advance,
Gareth.

There's one on my Henry Burton I think - I'll check next time I make the journey down to the cellar! Not sure of the manufacturer but the arms are a similar pattern to those on my Claud Butlers, which i think might be Williams cottered. Let me see if I can find a photo...

Ah sorry - the briefest of looks reminded me it's alloy rather than steel. Looks ok though, underneath the nasty trim ring:

DSC02446.jpg

Back