Any Info on these F.Mosers?

tokoloshe

Dirt Disciple
These old F.Moser frames are in the projects queue. Do you have any information about them? There's a Junior with Oria CSS52 tubing, a Classe with Oria TT0.9 tubing, and a Corsa with TT0.9 tubing. Thanks very much.

Attachments

• P1000046.jpg
    P1000046.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 5,873
  • P1000056.jpg
    P1000056.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 5,873
  • P1000041.jpg
    P1000041.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 5,875
a friend of mine rode a Moser back in the day, he still has the frame, he had the leader Ax which is the same one Gianni Bugno rode in 1991 on the Gatorade/chateau d'ax team, his was very different in the design to yours suggesting that yours are earlier then his. if memory serves his was columbus nivachrome(?) tubing, had a specific seatpost with an internal wedge clamp, and was fillet brazed and had hand painted lettering.

all very nice examples though :cool:

These are definitely further down the hierarchy from the Leader AX. It's funny you mention it because I actually have a photo of these alongside an early 90's example of a Leader AX that that I believe is sporting the Chateaux d'Ax team paint-scheme. I can't remember the tubing offhand, but you can see the extended seat-tube for the quill seatpost and the lovely fillet-brazing. I have a Leader AX from the late 90's with Dedacciai Zero Uno HT tubing that remains my favorite bicycle to ride.

Attachments

• mosers.jpg
    mosers.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 5,847
i googled f.moser leader ax frame and got this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cronobikes ... otostream/

after reading a couple of comments on a couple of the other pics, it seems like bugno might have commenting.

the pic on the initial link is the leader ax frame frame, my friends is the same except for where that is green my friends is pink! other than that it is the same. also some has uploaded in a comment a pic of his pink version like my friends bike, apparently they were only done for a year in the pink option so one of the comments says.

there are loads of pics in that album though, TT stuff and road frames

Back