Help Please! New to all of this...

MooFace

Retro Newbie
First of all, hello everyone!

I've been thinking of getting myself a tasty retro bike for a while now but not really looked into it in any depth. Until now that is, I was just looking around on EBay and saw an old Raleigh Equipe (80's) and put a bid in for £20. Never expected to win but I did!

Anyway so now I have myself a Raleigh Equipe, I know its not the best bike in the world but its cheap and I just want to learn a bit more about renovating an older bike before possibly moving onto something a bit better.

The problem is I know pretty much nothing about working on a bike so can anyone direct me to any books, websites, dvds etc that I can research so I can build up my knowledge on all of this.

Thanks in advance and you should all be prepared for lots of stupid newbie questions coming from me!

:D :D :D

Don't do it..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Put the Raleigh down and walk away quietly and no one will get hurt :roll:

To be honest, its the unloved, super uncool bikes that appeal to me the most.

I can't really explain why, suppose I feel a little sorry for them and want to prove they're great bikes really....... or maybe I'm just not right in the head.

Are you saying that because you don't like them or because there is something technically wrong with them??

:?:

wired99":1oetjijb said:
Don't do it..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Put the Raleigh down and walk away quietly and no one will get hurt :roll:

I think that the implication is that once you start playing with bikes, you will lose your social life, and all your money, as " it gets to you".... :D

There is some quiet snobbery here, but most people are friendly, and happy to help. I have even had nice comments about my own BSO!

Welcome

SLCbikecollective.org
search this on youtube and you'll find some good movies and it's all easy in terms[/url]

Welcome.. And good choice ;) ;)

As said allready. Sheldon brown for all your bike maintanance needs... The man was a god!!!

Back