Info on Raleigh Carlton Super Course 12?

Kilroy

Retro Newbie
Hello folks,

I'm new to RetroBike, and figured this'd be a jolly good first post. I've got a Raleigh Super Course from around 1980 that I purchased a couple years back in blimey good shape, but with a very weathered original paint job. I was able to source decals for the bike when I re-painted it except one... The "Super Course 12" that was on the original. Obviously, the bike is a 12 speed and was made by Carlton... It seems to be a rather peculiar model. It has Suntour down-tube shifters, a Suntour Vx rear mech and an unmarked Suntour front mech that's got the Raleigh logo printed on the clamp.

I've been unable to find just about any information on the "Super Course 12" model or what year it might be from exactly. The bike was originally red with gold/white decal and pinstripe accents, just like other Super Courses from the era. When I re-painted it I covered most of the model information on the bottom (or what was left of it), leaving what looks like "W80" as the only linked-together letters, but I'm skeptical of the '8.' I plan on taking the bike apart and painting it again before selling it - it's a 25" and is one size too tall for me. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone around here has any information on the model! Cheers.

-Kilroy

WB0 would make more sense perhaps?

That would make it a February 1980 build. I can't help on the decals I'm afraid - post up some pictures of what it looks like though.

Latest posts

Back