viking bicycle.

Late seventies, gas pipe, nice runabout, but nothing special. Models possible Warlord, Jubilee or Mileater. Fifties and early sixties are the collectable models made in Wolverhampton. Thanks Terry

70's I dont mind. (thats what my carlton is)

gaspipe, I do mind.

plus I've a new frame coming in new year anyway :D

I'd have that if I was on the right side of the Irish Sea - I lose all my critical faculties in the presence of 70's Vikings. I have kind of made a promise to myself to own a lightweight Wolverhampton built bike at some point to atone for my love of the hefty, middle of the range incarnation of the marque... :oops:

it ended up going on gumtree for 30 notes.

wee bargain, has a 5 speed single ring SR crank, I was thinking fixed gear rear wheel, new chain and bartape and get back on gumtree as a fixed gear after a clean and good tidy.

make a nice bike for someone at £150, few quid profit and everyones happy.

I sound like such a bike del boy..lol

I'm picking up a bike for the gf on saturday anyway, so thats three bikes, I'm working on need a few sold before more are bought!

38057347.jpg

Im going on mad train journey to the other side of northern ireland to pick it up. Just hope its the bloody right size or it'll be back on gumtree lol

Your right though, it looks in lovely nick, just a bit dusty and unloved. :)

plan is raleigh trekking bars like this... or some vintage ones If I can get them.
RNH361%20300x.jpg

She has mentioned wanting a wicker basket a few times, I'm seriously tempted to just get her a wald one instead as they look more a proper job and a bit more wind resistant.

bike-basket-small-delivery1.jpg

my other thought was trying to find a cheap front rack and then putting a
small picnic hamper on top of it. Needs to fit one of those material shopping bags full of books.

Back