Teambikes!

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi,

An hour ago I encountered a Panasonic teambike with Record Deltas. Very nice bike.

I reasoned it would be cool to start a topic summing up teambikes. Preferably with pics!

Pana5800.jpg

The Panasonic team. Not surprisingly none of the bikes have Deltas. This brochure is from post Delta era, but did the Panasonic team raced with Campa ever?

Timetrial bike:

Pana17800.jpg

Production version => click!

I've spotted Ekimov in the front row...

Brilliant idea for a thread. My favourites would be Lances Merckx when he was world champion (93?)

or maybe the Colnago bi titanio that Olano won the worlds on in '96??

For a self confessed Lemond geek, that second bike is very interesting. It looks like a Team Z version of his famous 89 Bottechia Kronostrada/Cinelli Laser, complete with Mavic groupset and period Mavic Comet disc wheel. The first is a slightly botched Mavic/C-Record hybrid of his '91 tour bike. Ergo power + delta brakes + Mavic cranks indeed?? :)

How did you find the link to that 2nd bike? I can't find where those images are on freewheelbike.com.

Thanks for the info :)

I googled with 'greg lemond bike' and selected Images/Pictures. You find it on the 1st page

...or click here

Thanks for the link! I'm not sure I believe it's the actual one he won the 89 tour on - surely no one would ever paint that bike, and we all know it was red/white with Bottechia/ADR decals. It also seems to be missing shifters and pedals. Still an extremely rare and historic bike though!

A really good replica of his '91 Carbonframes tour bike is here:
http://www.bikefanclub.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1951&cat=all&si=lemond

I have a later version of that frame, from 93 I believe, and am trying very hard to resist bankrupting myself by putting C-Record all over it :D

Back