Another 'what have I bought' thread

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I just pulled the trigger on this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

It has an 'unusual' paintjob, shall we say!

I'm not sure if Ive got a bargain or not, but if it is as it looks, it should build up quite nicely and unless the paintwork has some significant importance, i.e. if the name on the top tube is an ex-racer or something, it will be getting a blast and repaint.

Should be a functional frame for me anyway :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Maybe try and find the tube wall thicknesses of EL somewhere and see if sandblasting is safe to do ? If its really thin you may be better off using paint stripper and elbow grease and preserve all the metal.

Good idea...........I don't mind a bit of nitromors*

*Other quality chemical paintstrippers are available!!

:LOL:

Does it look ok to people though?

I was watching that one as well just to see what it sold for. It's too big for me but I love the paint job. Please don't strip it. No idea what it is or who the name might refer to. I remember EL being very light and only for testers really.
A bargain for that price.

Mark.

I was watching too, half hoping it would get bought to save me the hassle!!
:D

Then I saw that there were 2 offers and I thought 'bo%*&&X' and bit the bullet.......We'll see when it arrives if there is any kind of serial or something to work it out......Thanks for the reply though :LOL:

This still hasn't turned up.......at what point should I start to get worried?

I normally send bikes and frames no problem, but don't often buy them via post.....how long is too long?

He posted it Monday and its Saturday night now........

strange paint job!

as far as the post goes, i would say bear in mind the snow, especially if it's coming from somewhere obscure, he might have said posted on monday but maybe it was collected on tuesday, economy delivery, which is 3 days, then snow issues, i'd ask for the delivery details just so you can check on the companies website.

FWIW, I have had no post for five days, and I had a number of items coning from Ebay purchase.

Snow problems I think.

Back