So what have i bought, and how old is it?

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
OK then,

i posted a link on the baywatch thread about a Raliegh Sensor. Then though i'd have a look myself. When i got there there were two bikes. The lady said that she was sorry, she hadn't had time to clean them, and as the saddles were ripped, and the tyres knackered, she would knock the price down :LOL: Which would i like :?

I took both :oops:

So the first is a 20" Sensor, seems to be all original, usual wear for its age, but really, how old? Worth?

The second is a 23" Raliegh, but the only ID seems to be small "Aeroform" stickers on the cross bar, by the saddle. The Seat tube, and front down tube are oval :? It has SX300 Exage rear DR, but the front DR is missing, but seems to have a braze on bracket! The Chain set is raliegh, outer (large) Chainwheel is OK; the inner is U/S, as is the chain.

Any ideas what the Front DR should be? Or how old? Worth?

Both B/B's seem to be shot, but all the wheels seem straight. The Sensor still has its Computer :cool: but don't know if it will work.

One, probably the Sensor, will be used as a donor for wheels, unless anyone is interested in a piece of 80's esoteria.

I realise that this might belong in the "Whats it worth" thread, but i am looking for as much info as possible, not just price, which i know won't be that much :(

Better pics tomorrow

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• Sensor 2.jpg
    Sensor 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,101
  • Space profile 2.jpg
    Space profile 2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,101
Hi Dave,

The first thing is to see if there are any frame numbers on either bike - take a look under the bottom bracket.

Does either bike have any Reynolds tubing decals/transfers ? Or transfers of any kind ?

Regards,

Andy

Small update,

Seems the larger of the two is a Team Cadet 12, c 1986. Not much on the net about them. It is 18-23 hi-tensile steel :cry: , and entry level bike, but i like it, with its "Aerospace contour" frame ;)

This frame is missing its front DR, and used a bolt on type. Does anyone here know what would have been fitted?

It would seem i also need a small chainring, Raleigh 42T alloy. Anyone have one/ know where i can get one?

The Sensor is up for grabs, as it is 20", to small for me, but would make a good, and interesting pub bike/first bike, or fixie, for the smaller gentlemen amongst us. Could swap for above items...PM if interested.

Cheers,

Dave

Piperdave":1ibwu70y said:
This frame is missing its front DR, and used a bolt on type. Does anyone here know what would have been fitted?

I used to have one of the 501-tubed "Aerospace Contour" Raleighs; it had a Sachs Huret braze-on mech, nothing too fancy either. I'm guessing this bike would have had much the same. Looked like this one, except in braze-on format;

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 3&AbsPos=5

David

David, my road bike( with a band on F mech) was stolen many, many years ago, and i haven't looked at bikes much until last year. I know braze on isn't new, but it is new to me. Is it a universal thing...ie, will any braze on fit? Or are there different fittings?

Cheers,

Dave

There are two kinds of braize on front mech, normal and french. This is the normal one.

I've never seen a TP one.

I think I've got a NOS Exage one somewhere that I'm never going to use.

NickD":1br15njd said:
I think I've got a NOS Exage one somewhere that I'm never going to use.

:cool: Very interested, but I don't have much to trade, or much money til after christmas. :?

D

Back