Lets see your time trial bikes

I do have a Champion Mondial like shown in this catalogue just uploaded by jvs >> 1988 Gazelle

Of slightly later era there is also an AA.653 Triathlon

4426618989_ca27cc2b59_b.jpg

My Koga FullPro-L was used as TT bike by the teams, but it is earlier era and doesn't look as extreme as above frames.

The MKM Ultimate. Seen before but a bike that can only really be used in TT's.

Got a 90-ish LoPro and another Dave Russell TT to get done soon as well.

I'll be spoilt for choice next season!

Like the R. Cottingham, you don't see all that many of those.

Attachments

• Ultimate150409.1.A.jpg
    Ultimate150409.1.A.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,460
The MKM is stunning, I love the short wheelbase! :D

My Cottingham is only used for TT's. Thanks to the downtube-scrubbing fork rake and clearance for 20mm max tyres only it can only be ridden on a smooth road as it's awful on anything else.

Get it going on a good stretch of road and it flies, the MKM must do as well. :cool:

How on earth do you get round the turn on the MKM? That's got to be the biggest wheel/foot overlap I've ever seen. Good job there aren't any "turns in the road" on courses these days.

Looks the business though, I assume that's a Jubilee on the back.

Mark.

daccordimark":1e7ou9uu said:
How on earth do you get round the turn on the MKM? That's got to be the biggest wheel/foot overlap I've ever seen. Good job there aren't any "turns in the road" on courses these days.

Looks the business though, I assume that's a Jubilee on the back.

Mark.

Just make sure I freewheel round tight turns. Overlap is something I've never had a problem with even with short wheelbase TT bikes. I often wonder if it's an 'over-rated' problem.

The Jubilee mech is only on there for 'show' as I can't get it to work very well. I've a feeling that the gear hanger (nominally a Campag style brazed under the rear facing dropouts) isn't quite right - or could it be that the Jubilee mech is a version designed for Simplex/Huret hangers?

When used in anger it has a modernish Shimano mech fitted.

Freewheeling in time trials?!!!!!!!!
Next you'll be telling us you use those brake levers for something other than hanging on to. :roll:

I know what you mean about the overlap thing, the only time I found it a problem was on sharp turns up hill climbs. And that was my own fault for taking the inside line.

Mark.

Back