Merseyside Bicycles

Nice blog. Seeing Rhos CC mentioned reminded me of the 10 milers as a junior down the Llanrwst road back in the early 70's. Not a car in sight !

That's fantastic. There are some wonderful photos one there. The really striking thing about Paul's action shots is that the riders are clearly giving it their all - whether by design or accident, modern bike magazines like Cycling Plus always show riders achieving incredible speeds without any apparent effort. The gasping, "Why on earth didn't I get into mortobikes instead?!" all out effort here is much closer to my own experience of trying to go fast on two wheels :oops:

Goldie":2oblkug9 said:
The really striking thing about Paul's action shots is that the riders are clearly giving it their all

You don't know the half of it :!: ;)

BTW, it's all the same rider (not riderS)

Excellent site. Makes me wish I'd hung on to my Cougar "SLX New" race frame (built some time in the 1990s, apparently by Terry D. himself, and acquired by me for silly money in a Fred Williams stock clearance sale), but sold it for a modest sum a couple of years ago :(
Still have a Cougar steel MTB though, which was a bargain eBay find, well built and great fun for off-road training. Not sure if this steed is genuine Scouse or a respray job, mind.

David

Thank you all, for your nice comments....
It's only as good as the contribution's, that will be made to the site, which will be many, hopefully .. :D .

I fully agree with everyone that, Paul's photo's are wonderful.....

David B.....we'd love to see some pictures of your Cougar's on the site....

Many thanks
Mike

Nice site, great read.

Especially like the picture of Ken Dodd, genius!

More of that please, I'm from Belfast but my dad lives in Liverpool.

Northern Ireland had a whole host of frame builders in the 50-60's it's all totally died out now sadly.

mavesyn":hygwv260 said:
David B.....we'd love to see some pictures of your Cougar's on the site....

Many thanks
Mike

I'll try to get some of the road bike transferred over from my Flickr account; for now, here it is being used in anger at a Rudy Project circuit series event during my days as a postgrad student about 9 years ago:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60525/3447029309/

This is its original paint job; later on Atlantic Boulevard did a really nice high-gloss refinishing in red with yellow decals. Later still it acquired a Time Sprint carbon fork, but reverted back to the Columbus fork prior to selling it. No photos of it in the red paint job, mind.

The only surviving bits of the bike in that photo are the bottle cages (now on my hack bike) and the Hope front hub (in use on my 'cross bike - now on its 3rd rim, still running as well as ever on the original set of bearings)!

David

Back