Lugged polished ahead stem from Taiwan - Reviews?

richardf

Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Firstly, the seller is legit - bought stuff from him.
Whilst £75 is quite steep for a steel stem, compared to custom it's quite cheap and would be a nice finishing detail on a modern steel frame.

I'd save the extra money and get the nitto lugged stem. At least there's some heritage in that company! [/u]

richardf":37pc72nt said:
Anyone bought one of these? Price seems pretty steep, but it looks great. Just a bit concerned about quality control as it's not the part you want to fail mid-ride...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Chrome-Steel- ... 45f5fdd5db

Enjoy your ride this afternoon Rich?

Anyhow guess stem must be for something interesting. Not used one myself but wouldn't be overly concerned given it's steel. Although of course the nitto does look nicer...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pete_mcc":1k0bb0m3 said:
get the nitto lugged stem.[/u]

Totally agree with that - but where from?
I wanted one a while back and couldn't get one. Soma in the US have them, but it was a flat "No" when I asked if they'd ship over here. I've seen one or two on the 'Bay, but not often.

John - its for ongoing work on the Gios - I'm intending to use it to ride the Tour of Flanders next year, so need something robust! The current threaded forks had to have thread cut into them as the headtube is so short and the job that was done on them was pretty poor, so I don't really trust them to hold up to much abuse - certainly not the cobbles of Flanders!

Have just picked up some more Gios forks off the 'Bay with a view to turning it into 1" ahead, instead of quill stem. However, as the Gios is pretty skinny tubing, I want a nice slim-line ahead stem ideally in chrome / silver, to maintain the theme.

Some of the fixies places stock nitto stuff, did you try them. Actually quite like the CT80 stem stocked here at hubjub.co.uk > http://www.hubjub.co.uk/nitto/nitto.htm

nittoct80zm.jpg

Only problem is the 25.4 clamp and the fact it's clearly more of a mtb stem.

Cheers John - I had seen that one, but definately more suited for MTB use. I took the plunge and went for the Taiwanese jobby - I'll post some pics and a review when it (hopefully!) arrives... :LOL:

Back