Fixed Raleigh winter bike is up and running

ScottishRetro

Devout Dirtbag
So got this all put together yesterday and can happily say its rides great (Far better than I was expecting) and overall build cost was quite low ;) ..

I know there are people that will frown about turning old bikes into Fixed gears but I was looking for one for this winter anyway and as I found myself in the possesion of the frame thanks to my neighbourgh it worked out perfect for me..

I was very lucky in that the BB shell was 68mm standard thread and that I had a new Shimano UN?? BB from a few years ago in the loft that was 107mm axle lengh and gave me a perfect 42mm chainline with the hub/Chainset combo :LOL:.. I saved a packet doing my own wheel build again these came out perfect and was very happy with them, I have about 4 Brookes saddle so again no cost had to go into this area..

Next up will be a proper retro rebuild, im just doing a Motorcycle restore for someone at the moment then the next cycle project will take pride of place...

Frame as it was handed to me :shock:
IMG_6564.jpg

Ready for winter miles

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

That's very nice, nothing chopped off, so retains it's pedigree. No eyes for guards so if it is a wet winter, you're wet.

Nice paint. What colour is that and is powder coat or respray.

I'm thinking of John Deere green for my old Claud.

Its powdercoated and the colour is "errrr that one on the colour chart :roll: " sorry I have no idea what the colour code is and wasnt to worried about getting a specific colour.

I always think powdercoating is the best option and far more straight forward than spraying, (im sure others will say different) I got it done by a chap in Essex..

Back