Serotta 'Colorado legend Tri'

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: What have I just 'won'? Serrota content

legrandefromage":gfgblvn9 said:
Balls... didnt expect to win this at all but hey ho.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 414wt_1139

What have I won and why 650c? Any chance of 700c fitting or have I boobed..

Absolutlely no chance of fitting 700c's :( You could fit MTB wheels with narrow tyres tho.....

Will have a silly steep seat tube angle (75-78 deg) most likely as well...

Andy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: What have I just 'won'? Serrota content

Didn't this one come up for sale before in the last year or two?

fatfixie":nn8a99l6 said:
Absolutlely no chance of fitting 700c's :( You could fit MTB wheels with narrow tyres tho...
Don't you dare!

This is a nice frame, and the price is a steal, but it's very niche. It wants a set of deep-section 650c wheels, a Scott all-in-one tri-bar, big chainrings (46-56 at least), maybe a smattering of C-Record, first-model Grip-Shifts, a 12-19 cassette, and lots of pink, white, and silver.

MTB wheels? That creates a whole new kettle of fish...

In negotiations with the owner whether I can back out or not but if I end up with it - cool.

like someone said very niche. Excellent price as serrotta is a premium make with high prices ... see here ...

http://www.labicicleta.co.uk/serotta-c72.html

la bicycletta, based in sheffield are agents for serotta. Alex, the owner is a good guy, who might be able to help you shift it (or even buy it off you). Its the local shop for the sheffield tri club, so I guess there would be some interest there.

If the pictures can be believed, I thought the brazed joints looked a bit amateurish, could be wrong.
If smaller wheels really do accelerate better why don't sprinters use them?
Looks great value.

keithglos":dmd3verq said:
If smaller wheels really do accelerate better why don't sprinters use them?

Dunno to be honest.... but UCI regulations say that as long as your front and rear wheels are the same size, you can use whatever size wheel you like! 650C do accelerate faster from a standstill or slow speeds compared with 700C but the smaller size wheel does have increased rolling resistance. I think Quintana Roo did some research bitd and decided that there wasn't really any difference between the two sizes...

Super cool! I dearly wanted this to fit me and watched it quite a few times. Would make a great retro TT/Tri bike. Get some 650 tri spoke Zipps on there and some big hoopla scott bars :cool: :cool: :cool: Them get out yer mumbos and speedos :eek:

Back