Are there any cinelli experts in? Now With Piccies!! ;O)

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm very excited about a find I had at the tip today (lgf I'd not the only one with contacts down there ;0) ).....

I caught sight of an old frame that on closer inspection, turned out to be a Viking.... Result I thought, but here is where it gets interesting....

I was examining the strange all in one stem/ bar combo and saw the lovely sight of an oval painted/enamelled badge..... I've done a bit of googling and think it is a pair of cinelli tirolo....
How rare/collectable are they?

They need a bit of work, and no photo at the minute, but they are strangley nice in an old moustache bar way.......

Post a picture and we can then comment. The tirolo had an engraved Cinelli - Milano or Cinelli - Firenze logo with another crest that was affixed with 2 screws. It also had brazed on brake levers. They do sell quite well and would likely worth teh cost of a good replating.

sorry about the delay.......been on a ride to Walton-on-the-Naze today......Over 100 miles.

Here it is, excuse the crap photos, iphone at dusk ;)

8ydw8p.jpg

w9v2gx.jpg

Cheers!

The blue background colour of the badge indicates a 1950's vintage. To adjust the stem, you need to loosen the two badge screws and access the sunken allen key or hex head bolt. The combo was orignally chrome as best as I know. I would expect it would be worthwile to have the combo replated. I should go for more than 100 quid and perhaps as much as 500 quid (not likely in the down economy, but possible in the past).

Citoyen du monde":xldrbsny said:
The blue background colour of the badge indicates a 1950's vintage. To adjust the stem, you need to loosen the two badge screws and access the sunken allen key or hex head bolt. The combo was orignally chrome as best as I know. I would expect it would be worthwile to have the combo replated. I should go for more than 100 quid and perhaps as much as 500 quid (not likely in the down economy, but possible in the past).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Blimey!! Thanks for the heads up.............I had no idea.

I may have to see about re plating them then........!

stedlocks":3pp80hrh said:
Blimey!! Thanks for the heads up.............I had no idea.

I may have to see about re plating them then........!

Here is a photo of what it should look like (on the woman's bike in the foreground).

Attachments

• Cinelli_mates_2.JPG
    Cinelli_mates_2.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 1,044
Fantastic... And thanks for the info as to how to remove it from the frame.

I think I saw that photograph whilst googling..... Isn't that the bike that was ridden by "mrs cinelli" herself?
Thanks again

stedlocks":1q656h4h said:
Fantastic... And thanks for the info as to how to remove it from the frame.

I think I saw that photograph whilst googling..... Isn't that the bike that was ridden by "mrs cinelli" herself?
Thanks again

Yes, the bike was custom built for Mrs. Cinelli in the 60's. I'm hoping to get a few photos of her with the bike. The other bike is from 1977 and was one of the last bikes that Cino took the measurements for and followed the sale from start to finish. I consider both bikes to be quite special.

stedlocks":xj1a1ry6 said:
Are they your bikes?
Truly stunning, and they make a wonderful pair.... I love the colour!

I am the present guardian :LOL: I had been after the woman's bike for years because of the provenance and uniqueness (it is an absolute one of a kind!) I picked it for my wife to use, but that has not worked out too well as my wife has become accustomed to index shifting and the tubs fitted are silks with latex tubes, meaning that they need to be inflated each time she goes out and the bike cannot be stored on the floor.

Back