Did they ever make an 8-Speed Freewheel Screw On Block??

cipolinni":1qehpqua said:
As the subject Heading says
Did anyone make an 8-Speed freewheel screw on block??

Yes, I believe Campag did one for a while, and I think you can get Shimano spaced ones too, they aren't all that common though.

TBH I could do with a Campag spaced one!!

I had an 8-speed screw on block on a disc wheel 8-10 years ago. It was shimano compatible and I believe was made by Miche (could be mistaken about the brand)

Luke.

freewheel

Jerky
I'm interested in the regina 8-speed freewheel screw on block
Will it work with dura-ace 7402 rear mech??
Also what ratio is it,and have you some photos

I've got an 8 Speed Regina freewheel but the teeth aren't shaped for easy shifting.

SPA cycles do a couple of modern 8 Speed Freewheels see here http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s112p0

I have one as well, trouble is they are are mightly heavy. Youll need to make sure you have enough axle on the drive side to accomodate as they are really 7 speed bodies with the smallest cog hanging over, if you get my drift.
Re the Dura Ace mech, you may have to route the cable in the alternative fashion around the pinch bolt.

NickD":2pvmlj8m said:
A shimano 7 speed is the same spacing as campag 8, so you could use one of these. You would of course "lose" one cog, the campag name and need a non-campag hub ..... but if you're desperate its an idea.

pigman":3lqr1xuf said:
NickD":3lqr1xuf said:
A shimano 7 speed is the same spacing as campag 8, so you could use one of these. You would of course "lose" one cog, the campag name and need a non-campag hub ..... but if you're desperate its an idea.

The hub won't matter - it's a screw on type.

Back