Road Shoes? Help please

Pete

Retro Guru
Im after my 1st pair for my 1st road bike

I got a set of Shimano PD-5700 105 SPD-SL Pedals for free brand new, just need the cleats for them.

Now i need a set of shoes.

Im a size 10 normaly in a std shoe so not sure what this means for anything else as have heard i need to go up a size etc.

Whats best to get to match with the pedals and where?

Im clueless

Thanks dude, i went for 46's in the end. Even got a set to match the bikes color. Sad or what!

General rule with bike shoes if that you're uncertain about sizing, then best to go to a shop to try them on or use someone like Wiggle or CRC that have good returns policies. A bike shoe has a different fit to for example a running shoes and generally snug without restrictive as you don't want your foot to flop about. A 10 typically translates to a 44/45 in continental sizes, but different brands use different 'lasts' i.e. foot shape - e.g. Sidi and many Italian brands are 'undersize' i.e. go up one continental size, whereas the likes of Specialized and Northwave are more regular. Shimano shoes used to be made by DMT, an Italian company a few years ago which probably explains the sizing.

Back