mystery late seventys road bike

biglandy130

Dirt Disciple
hi every body my name is andy. i have just been given an unmarked road bike.it has nervex lugs campag nuovo record cranks gears and hubs which from the time line put it post 78 cineli bars stem and saddle weinman rims and brakes the seat stays wrap around the seat post and i think the cable guides above the bottom bracket may be unusual. if anyone can help me identifying. thanks.
DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

Don't think you can upload pictures with 1st post, might be worth trying now so everyone can see.

:)

Looks like a Raleigh / Carlton because of the wrapover rear stays / lugs. Nice lugwork, the frame is a beauty!

Nervex lugs on the headset and what looks like Oscar Egg lugs on the seat stay, as has been said possibly a Carlton or top end Raleigh. I have similar stays on the seat tube on my Carlton flyer.

MIKESPICS008.jpg

Lugs on mine are what are termed as Carlton standard C lugs

thanks do you know what the cable guides on yours are like i have been looking all over the net and am certain this has nervex all round and very wobbly stamping on the bottom bracket which makes me think it is probably from a frame builder.the bloke i got it of had had it for 25 years and never ridden it.but it has had no markings since he got it.i want to paint it but i would like to try to find an identity first

Can't see it well from those pics, but the wraparound seat stay could suggest a Brian Rourke frame, although as mentioned, they often feature on older Carltons, my Flyer has them.

looks like Carlton to me too although I had an 80's Gazelle a few years back with the same wrap-round stays The lugwork is surely Carlton ? but I would like to see some close ups .
The top tube cable guides look 1970/80's but the fork crown looks much earlier to me. Why no pump pegs on the top tube ? lots of questions

Are the wheels 27" or 700's ? rear brake bridge height would be a clue . Early frames would need v long reach calipers for 700c's

Back