Source for Replacement Weinmann 605 Brake Pads?

Tour de Holdsworth

Retro Newbie
Hi

I have a pretty worn set of pads on my Weinmann 605 brakes. The pads are probably original, marked "WEINMANN BREV." on one side and "S.R. 75 / 82" on the other. They have the remains of an 'X' shaped recess. My wheels have Weinmann alloy rims.

Anyone know a source for suitable replacement pads? I had a near miss buying some that were only suitable for steel rims from ebay, but can't see any others.

Cheers
JIm

Tour de Holdsworth":2xcz2stc said:
Hi

I have a pretty worn set of pads on my Weinmann 605 brakes. The pads are probably original, marked "WEINMANN BREV." on one side and "S.R. 75 / 82" on the other. They have the remains of an 'X' shaped recess. My wheels have Weinmann alloy rims.

Anyone know a source for suitable replacement pads? I had a near miss buying some that were only suitable for steel rims from ebay, but can't see any others.

Cheers
JIm

Are these (from Fibrax's own online shop) of any use to you?

http://www.fibrax.com/p29/Weinmann/Rale ... _info.html

David

Those are th ones i tend to go for. Evil bay can be a good source too, including those really nice red ones for alloy rims!

Spokesmann":38atbhhg said:
Those are th ones i tend to go for. Evil bay can be a good source too, including those really nice red ones for alloy rims!

I recently found a set of unused ones in my 'collection'. Absolutely rock hard, probably never wear out now!

Old Ned":2zi9u1og said:
Spokesmann":2zi9u1og said:

I recently found a set of unused ones in my 'collection'. Absolutely rock hard, probably never wear out now!

Aye, I have some original Altenburger ones for my GB Synchrons, they're like stone!! :LOL:

Are the original weinmann black brake pads ok to use on alloy rims, or are they supposed to be used on steel rims only?

Back