Strange old ride this morning.....

stedlocks

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had a nice 25 or so mile cruisey ride lined up.....now I'm on the hetchins, but don't normally do the Lycra thing..... So I had some endura 3/4 length shorts on over my padded ones and mountain bike sidi shoes and a softshell jacket..... Mountain bikers ignored me, and roadies did a double take before reluctantly nodding..... So I made a big effort of shouting "morning!" to everyone......:0) then my post slipped down about 3 inches and I had to knock an old chap up to borrow an old imperial Allen key ......

But it was still lovely to be out!

70c52125.jpg

Lovely day

It must have been hot.......your bikes melting :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I know ......you've heard it all before, but I couldnt resist.

Sounds like a good ride and the weather the looks fair. You sound like you enjoyed it so that makes it a good day by my book ;)

I dont understand why you have to wear baggies on a roadie, wear your lycra with pride :LOL: :LOL: Or maybe wool would be better suited to a Hetchins, maybe stripped like cat in the hat style :LOL:

Thanks for sharing as I have been at work all day and am about to head back after a half hour for dinner, so no ride for me today :cry: :cry:

jamie

If it's the Endura shorts with the straps below the knee then they'd pass... :LOL:

But baggies on a road bike is like driving an E-type in a shell suit and baseball cap. :shock:

Lol...

It is them enduras..... I thought I looked ok!

And a bloke on a Brian rourke passed by and wasn't going to speak....he got a loud " morning" too......:0)

I look good in Lycra, but I feel a bit nekid!!

Wear a vest under it. A good pair of Lycra bib-shorts with a decent padded chamois are unbeatable. 100% of professional road riders wear them.

stedlocks":2dekog0e said:
Lol...

It is them enduras..... I thought I looked ok!

And a bloke on a Brian rourke passed by and wasn't going to speak....he got a loud " morning" too......:0)

I look good in Lycra, but I feel a bit nekid!!

It is utterly annoying to be acknowledged 1st thing in a morning by a cheery bugger on a bike, this is why I say a nice big hello to people at every opportunity. :)

Even when walking ;)

p.s. The Hetchins looks lovely.

Thanks guys............. :cool:

I'll have to get some vintage lycra/wool combo and get it on!!

My wife is worried about a midlife crisis as it is ;)

Some people are just miseries. Personally I find it's the ones on bling Specializeds. I also had someone ride past and call me a useless tw*t when riding my Litespeed at a leisurely pace on a recovery ride.
I informed him that I had ridden over 100 miles the day before and needed to loosen my legs...and asked how far had he ridden that week...what a berk.

Idiots is idiots.

Back