Good stuff chaps, kit is getting assembled:
- Bike - 1984 Raleigh Panasonic (as pictured but obviously with traditional pedals and toeclips and with kinder gearing; I think it has 12-18 at present
- Jersey - the woolen one below, wrong era but good enough. I plan to address the sagging pockets issue with a small canvas saddlebag, just enough for a spare inner tube and tools
- Shorts - with an 84 bike I think I can go with lycra shorts, especially as just the thought of the potential chafing from damp wool on the inner thigh is giving me hives.
- Shoes - certainly traditional ones, possibly the ones pictured or some Sidis
- Socks - you can tell a cyclist by his socks. I'm thinking very short and very white.
Headgear - a cotton cap, actual one still to be determined.
Facial hair - will have to be glue on as suspect that my body produces too much estrogen to be able to grow anything worthwhile at only two months notice. That said, stick on facial hair sounds amusing now but who will be laughing half way in? Not me I suspect.