Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:51 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am
Posts: 210
I have a frame that I'm trying to ID. I'm pretty sure it's French & that's about as far as I've got. Someone stuck some Colango decals on it, it's obviously not a Colango.

It has simplex dropouts and a French 531 decal on the forks, I read in my research that a lot of French builders used Simplex dropouts, so that's what my guess is based.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea what it could be.

The frame number stamped under the BB is D0036430 (or just 0036430 with a little stamp that looks like a 'D' before the frame no?).

Here's a bunch of pics of the detail: http://www.23hq.com/wblenkin/album/5820489

Here's a rubbish pic of the whole frame:

Image

Thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:24 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am
Posts: 210
Oooo... interesting.

That link wouldn't work. It said I can't access the information.

What was it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:25 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am
Posts: 210
Strange - where did that post about Motobécane go?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 pm
Posts: 32
Location: London
wblenkin wrote:
I have a frame that I'm trying to ID. I'm pretty sure it's French & that's about as far as I've got. Someone stuck some Colango decals on it, it's obviously not a Colango.

It has simplex dropouts and a French 531 decal on the forks, I read in my research that a lot of French builders used Simplex dropouts, so that's what my guess is based.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea what it could be.

The frame number stamped under the BB is D0036430 (or just 0036430 with a little stamp that looks like a 'D' before the frame no?).

Here's a bunch of pics of the detail: http://www.23hq.com/wblenkin/album/5820489


I would be almost certain that it is a Peugeot of 1980 vintage - see this pic of the bottom bracket on my 1980 PKN10. I think you will see that the 'D' is actually a 'B' - meaning 1980s, and the following numbers are very similar to mine. The main difference is that the numbers on mine must have been stamped after Pierre had a fine glasses of vin rouge as they are pretty wonky.
Here's a rubbish pic of the whole frame:

Image

Thanks guys.


Attachments:
LEFT SIDE 84KB.jpg
LEFT SIDE 84KB.jpg [ 81.9 KiB | Viewed 1010 times ]
RIGHT SIDE 88KB.jpg
RIGHT SIDE 88KB.jpg [ 86.23 KiB | Viewed 1010 times ]
FRAME NUMBER 56KB.jpg
FRAME NUMBER 56KB.jpg [ 53.6 KiB | Viewed 1010 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 pm
Posts: 32
Location: London
slimlavud wrote:
wblenkin wrote:
I have a frame that I'm trying to ID. I'm pretty sure it's French & that's about as far as I've got. Someone stuck some Colango decals on it, it's obviously not a Colango.

It has simplex dropouts and a French 531 decal on the forks, I read in my research that a lot of French builders used Simplex dropouts, so that's what my guess is based.

I was wondering if any of you guys had any idea what it could be.

The frame number stamped under the BB is D0036430 (or just 0036430 with a little stamp that looks like a 'D' before the frame no?).

Here's a bunch of pics of the detail: http://www.23hq.com/wblenkin/album/5820489


I would be almost certain that it is a Peugeot of 1980 vintage - see this pic of the bottom bracket on my 1980 PKN10. I think you will see that the 'D' is actually a 'B' - meaning 1980s, and the following numbers are very similar to mine. The main difference is that the numbers on mine must have been stamped after Pierre had a fine glasses of vin rouge as they are pretty wonky.
Here's a rubbish pic of the whole frame:

Image

Thanks guys.



And as you can see, the plastic cable guide under the bottom bracket on mine has 'marque deposee' on it (does yours?), also your forks are full chrome. This means it may well be a PX-10 or at least you can paint and badge it as a PX-10 bike (with the right parts fitted' or as a CFX-10 frameset. The difference between the PX-10/CFX-10s were that they had ALL tubes and the fork made of 531, the PKN10 and below had the three front tubes only made of 531. I am sure you have seen these catalogues etc but:
http://retropeugeot.com
http://www.peugeotshow.com/
http://cyclespeugeot.com/ModelID.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:14 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am
Posts: 210
Ahhhh.... ok. I don't know much about Peugot's at all. Cool, I'll check the links.

I don't think that plastic cover has anything on it, I'll check tonight.

Thanks for that, this place always comes up trumps :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:56 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 am
Posts: 210
slimlavud wrote:
slimlavud wrote:
And as you can see, the plastic cable guide under the bottom bracket on mine has 'marque deposee' on it (does yours?)


Hey, I checked last night and it does have marque deposee stamped on it.

Nice one, looks like a CFX-10 then. Nice.

Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bagpuss, Cefnbikie, keithglos, kvs766, maynardlawrence, mr_gumby, Piperdave, Wyshniukas and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group