Looking for some traditional spec drop handlebars

tinkerer

Dirt Disciple
I'm renovating a nice old Raleigh Sirroco, unfortunately the existing handlebars have had it. Having looked online for a replacement most handlebars now appear to be black painted and too thick for the stem (which takes 25.4mm diamater bars). I found a couple of ok options at SJS cycles but they want £40 which seems a bit steep - so can anyone suggest somewhere that sells suitable sized silver alloy drop handlebars at a reasonable price?

Cheers,

Adam

tinkerer":1yewpnye said:
I'm renovating a nice old Raleigh Sirroco, unfortunately the existing handlebars have had it. Having looked online for a replacement most handlebars now appear to be black painted and too thick for the stem (which takes 25.4mm diamater bars). I found a couple of ok options at SJS cycles but they want £40 which seems a bit steep - so can anyone suggest somewhere that sells suitable sized silver alloy drop handlebars at a reasonable price?

Cheers,

Adam

I have a nice Gb alloy set of bars in my workshop if its any use...

Hi Mike,

Those sound like the sort of thing if they fit a standard 25.4mm stem - what sort of condition and price are they?

Cheers,

Adam

tinkerer":w4jgyprr said:
Hi Mike,

Those sound like the sort of thing if they fit a standard 25.4mm stem - what sort of condition and price are they?

Cheers,

Adam

Ill find them first of all and measure them up.

:D

Thanks for the input gentlemen, I have managed to get a pair of SR Sakae alloy drop handlebars from VeloSolo - these handlebars are I believe the type that originally came on the bike!

Back