NEWBIE what make is my bike? help

ronnie85

Dirt Disciple
Hi Guys,

New here, just got into road bikes as im movin to london and wanted a retro racer to tear up the streets of london with :D . My girlfreinds parents are into road racing and they had an old bike in the garage that they hadnt used for years, so they have given it to me :) Unfortunately the decals have been removed. They got given it years back without any information as to what it was. It does however have reynolds competition tubing and is pretty light. It also has some good parts on it, from compagnolo brakes, shimano 105 group set, and cinelli bars, stem and seat post.

The question is, is there any way of finding out the maker? the serial number on the underside of the bottom bracket tube is 2121693. The design of the reynolds stickers (i have been told) dates it to between 1992 to 1999. So im guessing the 93 in the serial number means its a 1993. But anymore help would be great. Or is it simply impossible to determin the maker without any decals or markings?

Thanks in advance,

Oli

Without photos it's nigh-on impossible to make an ID. Particular important details include fork crown / headtube, seatpost collar / seatstays and bottom bracket shell and it there any particular markings. There were a lot of mass-produced 531c frames made in that era - many were sold 'branded-up' by local bike shops, so it might be quite tricky to make an ID.

Ok, I'll get pics up ASAP. So i take it the serial number means nothing then? I.e. the serial number isnt make specific...

Anyhoo will get some photos up asap.

thanks

Back