Dawes Milk race

Chris

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Title edited as it is a Dawes not a Raleigh :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've been offered a dawes milk race complete bike but think it will be too big for me probably around 23" but can't confirm till I get it.

I believe it was won in a competition approx 25 years ago and has been in a loft ever since.

Apparently it needs new tyres, but apart from that is like new.

I don't think the frame is anything special probably a lower down reynolds tubeset but can't confirm till the bike is in hand.

Worth anything to anyone?

Chris.

23" might indeed be a little big. Sure someone would be interested.

From memory was the milk race not a carbolite frame?

John":dnl86xln said:
23" might indeed be a little big. Sure someone would be interested.

From memory was the milk race not a carbolite frame?

Only guessing on 23" from the pic i've seen.

Was carbolite made by reynolds as it definately looks like a reynolds frame sticker.

Chris.

From memory, the Milk Race was just like all the other Raleigh 'specials' like the Europa and Kelloggs to name a few. If I'm correct they were all Raleigh 18-23 type tubing.

Carbolite was a Peugeot tubeset, so you won't find that on a Raleigh.

Some of those Raleigh "specials" were available in more than one spec level, so they may have done them in Reynolds, but along with bikes like the Team Banana most of them will have been 18-23.

Are you 100% sure it's Raleigh? I only ask because I recall a Dawes Milk Race that was definitely Reynolds, I'm pretty sure it was 500 but it may have been 501. IIRC 500 was pretty much the same as 501 in as much as it was chromium molybdenum steel. However I seem to recall that it was only available as the main tubes.

Cheers,

Gareth

I'm 99% sure it's 18-23. Just a basic bike nothing Reynolds I'm afffraid.
From memory they are white with blue decals

GarethPJ":2zsi1h1c said:
Are you 100% sure it's Raleigh? I only ask because I recall a Dawes Milk Race that was definitely Reynolds

Doh :oops: :oops:

Don't know where raleigh came from :oops:

Yes it's a Dawes.

Chris.

Back