Riding in your pants!

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mmm...yesterday, maybe the day before, I embraced the roadie culture and regressed to riding lycra.

NO FRIGGING WAY

will I be doing that agin...I felt I was riding semi-naked....jeez, I was so embarrassed I'm sure it was my fastest commute to work ever recorded :LOL:

Tonight...flappy baggy shorts over the lycra...mmm...much better.

I know what you mean...

but...

I look at it this way...

Round where I live, there's loads of fat birds out 'jogging' in skintight garb... So why worry, I cant look as bad as that!

Baggy shorts on a road bike? It's like driving an E Type in a baseball cap. :shock:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will make a citizens arrest for style offences.

Harryburgundy":3m0r6f52 said:
Mmm.....I felt I was riding semi-n*ked.....

And doesn't it feel absolutely delicious!

As above, riding a road bike, especially a classic one, in baggy shorts is an horrendous mistake in terms of style and form (and please don't say that you are riding flat pedals too). In fact, wearing baggy shorts is a massive error offroad too - less comfortable than lycra and plenty of flapping nylon to snag on the saddle or elsewhere and that's before I start on the pointless pockets. I suppose it does allow you to enter a pub looking a bit like Becks post-sarong although I'll leave it up to you whether that's a good thing.

To summarise - baggy shorts on road bike - NO. Baggy shorts on offroad bike - no.

fingers":3seamjcl said:
ededwards":3seamjcl said:
Harryburgundy":3seamjcl said:

And with all that chamois cream tinging, ooooh its almost sensual.

There's no almost about it if you use Deep Heat by mistake....

In this weather, forget the lycra.........Just wear your pants..............
As for wearing baggy shorts!!! You may as well ride with your brakes on............. All that wind resistance........

ededwards":29hm6884 said:
fingers":29hm6884 said:
ededwards":29hm6884 said:
Harryburgundy":29hm6884 said:

And with all that chamois cream tinging, ooooh its almost sensual.

There's no almost about it if you use Deep Heat by mistake....

Deep heat eh? Interesting... I expect one goes a little faster too...

Baggy shorts for me on my road bike and I don't give a flying poo what people think :LOL:

6 months ago my Retrobike bibbed shorts had been worn once and I had owned them since June the year before.... Started riding road at Christmas and ditched the baggies and now my bibbs are nearly worn out for riding on road and MTB , At first i felt naked and well wrong but that soon passes and they become comfortable, faster , look better cooler and in all honestly wearing baggies now feels like im putting a heavy retriction on my legs :?

I havent even started working on my mate to lose the baggies on his roadbike as it took long enough to convince him that you dont wear pants under the cycling shorts :LOL: :LOL:

Back