Tour de France prologue, Rotterdam this Saturday

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
Ok, I've been in touch with a couple of the Dutch lads on here directly to try to co-ordinate meeting up, but I thought why not post it up here for all to see.

I'll be heading up from Brussels early-ish on Sat morning with 2 or 3 others from here. If you're going as well and want to try to meet up then just post something in this thread and we'll try to co-ordinate.

Cheers, Gareth.

Heading over on Friday, pitching up in Delft then cycling over to the dam for the night. Back to Rotters on Saturday morning for TdF and Holland vs Brazil in the evening... :cool:

Will be pressing the Cinelli into service to demonstrate that I have a shady if not completely dark side... ;-)

Mr K (with Retroking and Elev12k in tow!)

lucky buggers..... I so wanted to go and watch this year :cry:

Best check the diary - Holland v Brazil is Friday afternoon, no?? :shock:

As far as I understand it, the sequence of QFs is

Holland v Brazil
Uruguay v Ghana

Argentina v Germany (whilst the prologue is on, booo!)
TBC depending on today's matches, so probably Paraguay v Spain

The QFs are on Fri and Sat rather than Sat and Sun as you might expect. Remarkably, FIFA saw fit to schedule the tournament according to the players' needs rather than the demands of the global TV audience.

mrkawasaki":3bl8t6dz said:
Heading over on Friday, pitching up in Delft then cycling over to the dam for the night. Back to Rotters on Saturday morning for TdF and Holland vs Brazil in the evening... :cool:

Will be pressing the Cinelli into service to demonstrate that I have a shady if not completely dark side... ;-)

Mr K (with Retroking and Elev12k in tow!)

Hmm I'm still undecided, the start line is a 20 minute bike ride from my house but these sorts of events are always so damn crowded. Really don't know if I think getting up at 7am to find myself a decent spot along the route and guarding it with my life all day in the burning sun will be worth it. Last time there was an event I got in trouble with the police for climbing up a letter box to see over the rows and rows of people.

Having watched the tdf live numerous times , it is always a great experience . last about 30 seconds though , but the Tour caravan is well worth it too .

can we have a sticky TDF thread ?

Early predictions:

Boassen for Green - Cav goes home for an early bath
Bradley fourth (sadly)
Armstrong to quit (melodramatically) for good (along with Scumacher)

Mr K - darkening

mrkawasaki":2u3qr4hl said:
Armstrong to quit (melodramatically) for good

As soon as it's clear he isn't going to win (cause he isn't) he will fake an injury and blame it on that.

Anyone attended the Grand Depart? I did, the roof of the car park of a mate's appartment building granted us a great view of the section just after the sharp turn right after the first bridge. Unfortunately it was raining pretty much the entire time so after a while we got fed up with it and decided to go watch the remaining hour of so of the race on the telly at an other mate's place.

One of the very few Armstrong supporters here .... im hoping you have it wrong and yesterday is a promising start :D I certainly dont think he will quit even finishing low GC but he wont quit.

Back