Campag Cables

designer1

Old School Hero
Firstly Hi!

Im new to this (some may say 'dark') side of the forum!
Ive been on the lookout for a road bike for a while now and have been fortunate enough to stumble accross one on the for sale section from one of the members on here...Its not retro but hey! Its a Kona...and will keep the other 2 Kona Mtb's company!

Anyway - As it stands its a rolling shell - supplied with all Campag Mirage bits i need - pretty much.
I need cables - and this is my first question which may seem very silly but im going to ask it anyway - does anyone suggest any particular cables? Coming from an Shimano & Mtb background are there any unwritten rules i dont know about?
I have to wrap the bars...which ive researched on You Tube and will probably opt for gel inserts as i get numb hands.....

Any advice would be gratefully received from the 'road' bretheren!

Thanks

Campag's own gear cables are slightly thinner than standard and apparently this helps then bend better. They are of very good quality.

Conventional road cables also fit however, but some earlier Campag stuff needs a slightly smaller gear end and you have to file the nipple down a bit sometimes.

to help with the steering, as campag cable outer is very stiff, I send my rear gear cable across to the normal front gear stop and the front gear stop to the rear gear stop and then cross over the bare cables under the down tube, makes the steering more easy with no loss of movement

Back