Raleigh F&F info - 531 c Luxe

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Good Afternoon,

I have been offered this newly found NOS F&F, my brother wants this built for him and was wondering if anyone has any date or info on this bike built.

Its a beaut of a frame the paintwork is stunning it has the wrapping over the main decals and instructions on the 600 shifters.

Cheers

GM :cool:

046.jpg

049.jpg

054.jpg

053.jpg

057.jpg

052.jpg

059.jpg

From the reynolds badge that is from around 1990

Very very nice - Cinelli BB shell? Cast seat collar. From all that I've learnt from this site, that is a very nice frame to start with.

It's in the 1989 Raleigh Lightweight catalogue as a frameset only. As legrandefromage said, very very nice - this will build up into a cracking bike :D

Thanks Chaps :cool:, Really apreciate your help, I will search for the 89 catalogue for some inspiration in that case !

Very nice and clean, similar era to the Sante equipped record ace.

Just a thought, those 600 levers can be a little bit fragile - mine fell to bits quick-sharpish, the later ones had a different design whcih re-enforced the lugs that connected into the collar on the lever boss.

James, just buy it ;)

Gravy Monster":xf1qej5x said:
Thanks Chaps :cool:, Really apreciate your help, I will search for the 89 catalogue for some inspiration in that case !

I have the 89 lightweight catalogue. For various reasons I can't add it to the archive but am happy to send via e,mail, drop me a mail to john@retrobike.co.uk and I'll send it back over.

Its now officailly mine :cool:, well my brothers to be honest, I have little room at the bike home :roll: I will build it up for him and start a link,

Thanks all for your help :D

Back