Guerciotti ??? Can you help confirm

cipolinni

Old School Grand Master
I've just returned from a journey to collect this beauty
If my knowledge is correct
Then this is a Guerciotti
Thing is, anyone tell me what year it is please
All the markings are obvious,and what looks like Paolo Guerciotti engraved on the top of seat stays
Thanks Cipo
More close-up pictures are available to confirm.

Attachments

• Guerciotti 013.jpg
    Guerciotti 013.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5,511
  • Guerciotti 012.jpg
    Guerciotti 012.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5,511
  • Guerciotti 009.jpg
    Guerciotti 009.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5,511
  • Guerciotti 007.jpg
    Guerciotti 007.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5,511
80,s Guerciotti for sure. Looks like it has had a interesting history, maybe
been repainted by Argos cycles at some point, with there Dave Lloyd connections.
Should be a nice handling bike, when built up.
Ps, poss not the original forks, they don't quite look right.

Thanks for that
I bought it from a nice gent locally
He wasn't sure of the frame/forks
The only problem is one of the braze-on cable guide on the front top tube is broken,so i'll need to get it fixed,there is also a numbe tag on the top-tube.in the meantime i will get the paint job done aswell
Any idea of there colour schemes
Btw who was paolo guerciotti,the owner or builder!!!
It really is a very nice frame,is the forks original do you think
Cipo

Paolo Guerciotti, was italian cyclocross champion, and he founded the company with his brother. They were'nt frame builders, and all the frame's in the 60's 70's and 80's were built by local lombrdian contract builder's. For part of the 80,s, the frame contracting and quality control was looked after by Antonio Mondonico, he most probably built the pro team frames himself, he did a same job for Colnago at one time.

Planet X are selling Guerciotti frames as we speak.

Several top cyclo-cross riders used to ride Alan frames branded this way.

Theres a connection between guerciotti and planet x in that the first bike i ever bought mid 80s was a pearl white guerciotti , hence a love by me as mr planet x for Guerciotti .

We just cleared Alessandro Guerciotti out of his inventory of 90s and early 2000 frames - a lot of classic stock over 150 frames , not too old but a mix of supernice frames made out of Airplace , Starship , Deda U2 , mainly with carbon seatstay / chainstay - all probably from their collections about 5 ish years .

Its a complete mish mash and pretty hard to catalogue everything accurately as each frame seems to be measured differently , have odd seatpost sizes , different headsets and no standard BB , were working on getting it sorted .

If anyone has any guerciotti questions they want me to ask Ill be going over in a few weeks to see them .

dave

Hi Dave, welcome here. I like your Hilton Wrigley (but not the forks!).

When do you think you will have the Guerciotti stock list available? The one I saw a few weeks ago when you'd only just received them was lovely.

(BTW, I'm also Old Git, the TT writer!)

Back