PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
these any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vitus-decal-set-C ... _500wt_928

for:

picture_075_164.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
not exactly cheap are they?
If I remember correctly, vitus frames didnt have any original vitus transfers. Frames were either ridden bare, or were sometimes an after factory fit made by other manufacturers, eg peugeot. A uk pro team even rode them with Coventry eagle stickers.

If you really want stickers cos you think it looks bare, and as youre a peugeot fan, Peugeot stickers would be a goer. If you want to google a looksee for peugeot, I reckon early Robert Millar times (I know he rode Vitus carbon later). Also Sean kelly won paris roubaix on them, but cant remember how they were badged up.

Old Ned":hvjpkf4n said:
You bought it then?!

Yup, picking it up tonight

pigman":hvjpkf4n said:
not exactly cheap are they?
If I remember correctly, vitus frames didnt have any original vitus transfers. Frames were either ridden bare, or were sometimes an after factory fit made by other manufacturers, eg peugeot. A uk pro team even rode them with Coventry eagle stickers.

If you really want stickers cos you think it looks bare, and as youre a peugeot fan, Peugeot stickers would be a goer. If you want to google a looksee for peugeot, I reckon early Robert Millar times (I know he rode Vitus carbon later). Also Sean kelly won paris roubaix on them, but cant remember how they were badged up.

re: Sean Kelly - these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sean-Kelly-Vintag ... _810wt_911

I do have the Peugeot Comete but this has more stress fractures on the cast parts than Captain Stress Fracture's toilet.

1987_Comete.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":1imhdydl said:
I do have the Peugeot Comete but this has more stress fractures on the cast parts than Captain Stress Fracture's toilet.

You mean John Prescott's!

Sorry, LORD John Prescott's.

Back