Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:18 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:33 pm 
Retro Guru

53 mph, chuffin eck! I've been looking for an approriately wind in the hair, panic stricken smiley but can't find one.

It's not a bike I shouldn't have got rid of, because it was nothing special - but I should never have let it go in the stupid way that I did. I had a Raleigh Medale in the awful dark brown / metallic beige colour scheme, with a knackered front mech that annoyed me but that I was too lazy to learn how to fix. I took it to university. My short arsed mate asked if he could borrow it to ride to the pub where he worked, about a mile away. I said yes. He walked home without it, having left it secured to the lamppost outside the pub with a piece of binder twine, or perhaps a blob of chewing gum. I should have told him to bugger off and collect it the next day, or gone and got it myself. But of course I didn't and it went walkies.

It was a 23 inch frame and sometimes, I try and work out how my mate's short pins managed to stir the beast into motion...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Goldie - Yes I used to just take my brain out before descending in my young reckless days!! Now I hit about 40mph and think this is going to reeeeeeaaaaally hurt if I come off!!

I think BITD thats why I shifted to Mountain Bike Racing for the massive rush from hooning downhill.

Those were indeed the days. I will just stick to the road now i think.