john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After a suitable post for this merckx

main.php

Has a mavic gruppo. The chances of getting a matched mavic post are low plus they only came in black I believe. Campag aero looks right but sadly too short due to iffy upper seattube. Was running a DA post which works well and is nicely made but is quite wrong for the build. Can anyone suggest a suitable early 90s seatpost a little longer than a regular aero post which would suit this build??

Zoom - very light and easy to fit and adjust.

And a reasonable length.

I use one on my Favori.

Selcof alloy- esp bioposition :)

Miche supertype?

Kalloy Uno wih logo removed

Kalloy ritchey style.

All currently available...........

Andy

Thanks for the tips. Currently have a kalloy/ritchey knock off in their. With Mavic stikcers on it looks alright.

Would however be nice to have something from the right era. Did anyone do a longer aero post??

John":26k6vprc said:
Thanks for the tips. Currently have a kalloy/ritchey knock off in their. With Mavic stikcers on it looks alright.

Would however be nice to have something from the right era. Did anyone do a longer aero post??

That Kalloy Uno (more like the Shimano post than Ritchey) in the pics would be the same in that era. The year should actually be stamped on it.
Near min line, should say Kalloy and have two number like 06 93 ...

tokoloshe":ba9hbxsr said:
Perhaps a C.L.B. aero -- if you can find one and 260mm is long enough. Nice bike. :)

Ta, and cheers for the advice.

FluffyChicken":ba9hbxsr said:
That Kalloy Uno (more like the Shimano post than Ritchey) in the pics would be the same in that era. The year should actually be stamped on it.
Near min line, should say Kalloy and have two number like 06 93 ...

Sorry, wasn't very clear. The post fitted in the picture is a dura ace 7410. It is now on another bike and the post currently on the merckx is some cheapo 27.2 kalloy-esque (but not kally) post I had knocking around.

Back