Fixed gear, Single speed - our projects

Corratec

Dirt Disciple
I think we should build such a topic. Pasting pictures and description
their projects. Fixed gear, single speed.

Here's a rather clever hub option for the world of fixie. Get a front 6 bolt disc hubbed wheel and a cog with corresponding 6 bolt holes plus a longer axle and some spacers. Well done Velosolo and other firms that have though of this method of wheel use :D
4394433617_6ae7f088e4_b.jpg

Here's a better option - just buy a track hub and do it properly.

Seeing as this is the Retrobike forum all fixed wheel bikes should be either:
1. Really old fixed wheel bikes from the vintage category.
2. Proper track style frames with rear facing dropouts, fag paper clearances, single brake and drop handlebars like clubmen used to ride, and some still do. All right two brakes is OK.

On no account should any classic Italian beauties or British 753/531 masterpieces be subjected to the kind of botched "conversions" that make a dog's dinner out of decent bikes.

Oh and while I'm on a rant how about absolutely none of those trendy, poser boy new build fixed wheel bikes with flat bars.

As for "single speed" I grew out of that when I got my first real bike. That was a Raleigh Shopper with 20" wheels and a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub gear.

OOOOOOO get him !

Thats a Raleigh Ace its fitted too and its put in many non poser miles in all weathers.

May your proper fixie hub threads strip and then we'll see whose so perfect :roll:

Sorry for being a total <insert insult here> yesterday. Who did I think I was FFS? Even worse, I haven't even ridden fixed for at least 20 years. I'll knob off now and wait to see the various ingenious fixed builds in this thread. :oops:

Mark.

I tend to agree with you Mark...provided none of the builds are coloured like cappuccino with dayglo deep V rims :shock:

Yeah, be nice to see some fixed gear projects. Either pukka track stuff or whatever.

Back