Colnago Tecnos prices............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wal

Dirt Disciple
Evening folks, I am after a bit of advice.

I have in the garage my fathers Colnago Tecnos which was left to me after he passed away and I have made the painful decision to sell it on as I won't use it, and I am looking to marry the mrs, so I guess when I come to sell the bike it will be put to good use.

So, after trawling the web to get an idea of prices for a late 90's Tecnos I have come up with nothing!!

The spec is full Campag Record groupset, HOPE hubs, Royce bottom bracket Mavic rims (unsure which ones will have a look) oh and the frame itself is fluted.

I am after honest opinions of price, thanks :D

Will go take a pic now :D

MODS: If this is against forum rules please relocate where it is best suited, this is not a for sale thread, just seeking advice, cheers :D

rims are Mavic SUP Ceramics, pic attached below, needs servicing and a wash:D

Tecnos005.jpg

Lovely bike

Prices for these seem to vary quite a bit, but that sure is a nice example. Your dad was obviously a man of taste :D
A bit big for me but your beetle would fit me brilliantly ;)
Not much help I know but it would be towards the top of any valuation range.
Jamie

Re: Lovely bike

Jamiedyer":20xirugl said:
Prices for these seem to vary quite a bit, but that sure is a nice example. Your dad was obviously a man of taste :D
A bit big for me but your beetle would fit me brilliantly ;)
Not much help I know but it would be towards the top of any valuation range.
Jamie

Hi Jamie, after a bit of research I have been told around £1500 to £1750?? I think it is around 21 to 22cm's

He was going to turn pro back in the 70's but my eldest brother was born and that soon put a stop to that :LOL:

As for the Beetle that is staying with me :D

Personally I would think that over £1000 is a bit cheeky.

The Record gruppo would probably get you £300 or so, the wheels around £100, and the frame maybe £500.

Colnago C40's go for top dollar - a kind of Rolex brand image thing.

The problem as I see it with your bike is that it's just old at present - and not quite retro, if you see what I mean. 1980's stuff is going for some serious cash, but this hasn't yet trickled through to 90's.

It would be interesting to hear other views, though. £1500+ buys a hell of a lot of bike new these days, and while your bike would compete well on usability, it's a bit caught in the middle I think.

hamster":2c8pg72n said:
Personally I would think that over £1000 is a bit cheeky.

The Record gruppo would probably get you £300 or so, the wheels around £100, and the frame maybe £500.

Colnago C40's go for top dollar - a kind of Rolex brand image thing.

The problem as I see it with your bike is that it's just old at present - and not quite retro, if you see what I mean. 1980's stuff is going for some serious cash, but this hasn't yet trickled through to 90's.

It would be interesting to hear other views, though. £1500+ buys a hell of a lot of bike new these days, and while your bike would compete well on usability, it's a bit caught in the middle I think.

Thanks for the comments dude, I am after advice a few have said maybe £1500 or thereabouts, I am going to see what the general concencus is before deciding on price.

I would say you have at least £1000 worth of parts if stripped down and sold separately on ebay. If the items are unmarked and the frame is mint then certainly more, even late 1990's Campagnolo is collectable, I have recently sold a Campagnolo Record 06 groupset that sold quickly on Ebay and generated very good earnings.

I would recommend selling separatly as you will get a higher price, its just more hassle packaging it up.

As for the £1500 it depends if someone is after one like this, I am no expert on bike valuation especially Colnagos but it does look nice and stylish which is good

FYI something equivalent would sell over here for the equivalent of just under a grand (pounds)

You would probably get the best price in the US....................

andy

We do ask people use the 'how much is my xyz worth' thread above for valuations.

Given the somewhat sad circumstances around this happy to let it slide.

Colnagos fetch a premium normally. As others have said you will get maximum return stripping it down, cleaning all components up throroughly, taking lots of good photos and listing individually on http://www.ebay.co.uk. I'd have thought inthis way you should make around £1K.

I have seen complete Masters with similar spec struggle to sell at £1.2K and end up going for £800-£1K. As such I'd say £1.5K is hopeful. That said if you clean it up, take lots of pics and list on the bay for £1.5K or best offer you will find out either way.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
John":1erxtxbn said:
We do ask people use the 'how much is my xyz worth' thread above for valuations.

Given the somewhat sad circumstances around this happy to let it slide.

Colnagos fetch a premium normally. As others have said you will get maximum return stripping it down, cleaning all components up throroughly, taking lots of good photos and listing individually on http://www.ebay.co.uk. I'd have thought inthis way you should make around £1K.

I have seen complete Masters with similar spec struggle to sell at £1.2K and end up going for £800-£1K. As such I'd say £1.5K is hopeful. That said if you clean it up, take lots of pics and list on the bay for £1.5K or best offer you will find out either way.

Hi John,

Thanks for letting it slide, I thought it best to put a paragraph at the bottom as I dint want to offend.

I am sad to sell the bike but I just don't have the use for it as you can probably see from the pic I am heavily into my aircooled VW's and spend the summer months attending VW shows putting it in show and shine and I get time with my 2 kids. Enough of the sob story :LOL:

I may have to strip the bike anyways as it is in need of a service, So pricewise what would be expected for the groupset, wheels frame etc??

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back