NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

Someone shoot me now.... :facepalm:

Re:

Oh dear... was it the drawings, the photos, or the Holdsworth.. or all three?

Just been over to originalshinkicker's online gaff for a gander at 3505, and in one photo he has very helpfully left a steel rule up the seat tube! On the basis of that, I've respaced the letters with 4mm in between them, so from top of 'R' to base of 'H' now measures 164mm. After looking at a few more close-ups of original transfers, in the spirit of: 'Original warts and all', I've moved the middle horizontal of the 'E' down from slightly above centre to slightly below, and extended the top horizontal of the same letter. Straightened out the top curve of the 'G' a bit, too:

Attachments

• P1020798.JPG
    P1020798.JPG
    473 KB · Views: 506
Re: Re:

torqueless":29wrb0m4 said:
Oh dear... was it the drawings, the photos, or the Holdsworth.. or all three?

Just been over to originalshinkicker's online gaff for a gander at 3505, and in one photo he has very helpfully left a steel rule up the seat tube! On the basis of that, I've respaced the letters with 4mm in between them, so from top of 'R' to base of 'H' now measures 164mm. After looking at a few more close-ups of original transfers, in the spirit of: 'Original warts and all', I've moved the middle horizontal of the 'E' down from slightly above centre to slightly below, and extended the top horizontal of the same letter. Straightened out the top curve of the 'G' a bit, too:

Is this the picture ?.... don't look dead center... just saying.. :)
From here..
https://raleigh-sb4059.com/2017/09/14/s ... nd-design/

"I've got a tape measure... but I don't tend to use it as a rule".. :oops: :facepalm:

Attachments

• sb3505-1980-sbdu-ilkeston-ti-raleigh-team-pro-reynolds-753-seat-tube-length.jpg
    sb3505-1980-sbdu-ilkeston-ti-raleigh-team-pro-reynolds-753-seat-tube-length.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 496
Re:

Yes that's the picture. I know the rule is not dead centre. I count 16 1/2 cm from bottom of 'H' to top of 'R', or at least closer to 16 1/2 than to 16. If you or anyone else can perform the computer magic of parking my latest offering side by side with with an original, vcballbat, preferably to the same scale, that's OK by me. I can take another photo of mine at seat tube angle, if it helps.

Re:

closest I can get to computer magic:

Attachments

• SBDUseat tube.jpg
    SBDUseat tube.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 477
  • notSBDUseat tube.jpg
    notSBDUseat tube.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 477
Back