NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL v.2

Yes the bottom left of the 'A' 'E' and 'H' are pretty much in line. The 'R' extends a fraction further. Afaict the 'G' and 'H' should 'fall past the others' on the right?- the top right corner of drive-side 'H' and bottom left corner of non-drive-side 'R' look to reach the centre line of the frame in your photo.

If I get adventurous I'll do drive and non-drive-side on one piece of paper!

Yes, it's a Holdsworth Special.

Someone on here should produce the accurate decals as I’m sure a few would purchase

torqueless":1p9c65cv said:
Yes the bottom left of the 'A' 'E' and 'H' are pretty much in line. The 'R' extends a fraction further. Afaict the 'G' and 'H' should 'fall past the others' on the right?- the top right corner of drive-side 'H' and bottom left corner of non-drive-side 'R' look to reach the centre line of the frame in your photo.

If I get adventurous I'll do drive and non-drive-side on one piece of paper!

Yes, it's a Holdsworth Special.

This is the picture from H Lloyd website and is will showing the old type without the tweaked A. This is the decal used for painted panel so two the same are used. These are on clear backing so placement regards centre line will be in the hands of the painter, owner etc . The other two decals are complete panel ... one with wide and with narrow yellow bands so will be different. The font you've done is brilliant and this was my major gripe as to me it sticks out like a sore thumb.... the placement of all of the decal by the SBDU seems to vary by who was applying them.. :)

I think this is your early version but we can clearly see the vast improvement.

Attachments

• raleigh-team-professional-seat-tube-transfer_1024x1024.jpg
    raleigh-team-professional-seat-tube-transfer_1024x1024.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 257
  • P1020785~2.JPG
    P1020785~2.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 256
Re:

Here's the latest, modified as I suggested to conform more closely to your photos on previous page:
The issue now is that the right side of 'R' (the rounded part) also seems to have reached the centre line.. :evil:

Attachments

• P1020790.JPG
    P1020790.JPG
    515.6 KB · Views: 251
  • P1020791.JPG
    P1020791.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 251
Thinking about it...as long as the left side is constant, the letters are all different widths so maybe they will fall differently when applied to the curved surface of the tube..err maybe he says scratching head.... :?

Re:

I think what's happened is that I've over-italicised the 'R' by a degree or two, compared to the other letters. If I bring it back to conform to the other letters I can move the curve back from the centre line.

Someone on here should produce the accurate decals as I’m sure a few would purchase
I would be quite happy to send the drawing to the relevant decal producer gratis, if it can be useful to them. On the understanding that I am not personally commissioning such a decal. I don't own a Raleigh and have neither plans, prospects nor desire of owning one.. no offence.. ;)

Re: Re:

torqueless":37f4s85p said:
I think what's happened is that I've over-italicised the 'R' by a degree or two, compared to the other letters. If I bring it back to conform to the other letters I can move the curve back from the centre line.

I would be quite happy to send the drawing to the relevant decal producer gratis, if it can be useful to them. On the understanding that I am not personally commissioning such a decal. I don't own a Raleigh and have neither plans, prospects nor desire of owning one.. no offence.. ;)
and I guess on the understanding that if an end user has issues with your interpretation of the transfer, no liability/blame rests with your good self

Re:

Yes, thanks pigman.. You read me like a book.. :)
As vcballbat has shown, the existing transfer is obviously in the way of some people getting their frame refinished. He can't be the only one? I'm trying to remember if he's the only one on these threads? Anyhow, if there's a problem, I guess it must be a long standing one. Including an alternative transfer along with the existing one couldn't do much harm.

Re:

Apart from having kept my big chainring-sized panel, I think this is about as close as I can get to what I can see of SB3505 on the previous page. I've shifted a few letters incrementally left and right. Mainly the 'E' and 'I' to the right. Panel is 45mm wide, which should be pretty close to half a seat tube circumference.

Attachments

• P1020796.JPG
    P1020796.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 187
Back