Campagnolo Super Record chainring 42t/144BCD PISTA

Melchior

Retro Newbie
Hello,

I am setting up a vintage tandem bike and need for the left side 2 Campagnolo Super Record chainrings with 42 teeth and 144BCD PISTA. So far I only found the STRADA version but not PISTA. Does anybody know whether the PISTA version exists?

If so and you have one for sale in very good condition please do not hesitate contacting me: gschwend@justicemail.com

Regards,

Martin-Melchior

Re:

As far as I know they were identical, although the Pista ones came in both 3/32 and 1/8 width. 42 teeth were not used all that often on the track because nobody used 12 tooth sprockets and 42x13 was only an 87 inch gear in old money.

So if you are looking for 144 pitch chainrings in 42 teeth it will only be Strada ones 99% of the time.

For the left side so long as you have identical toothed chainwheels you could use any smaller chainwheel. Why do you need to have the Pista option? I presume you have a Campag tandem crossover chainset for the rings? A rare thing in itself probably. Any photos of the tandem? We like tandems - especially ones with rare Campag fittings!

Re:

A good time to get in quick and enter this months competition. The theme is tandems. I don't think it has to be complete, enter a couple of photos of the project in progress

It is a Claud Butler Majestic II. Bought it in Belfast and rebuild it completely, setup with Campagnolo Super Record. Currently at the printshop.

I have Pista-arms at the left side for the connection of driver and co-driver and want pista chainrings therefore. As the rings on the right side are 42/52 I want 42 Pista on the left side for optical reasons.

Can anyone recommend some known sellers who might help?

Attachments

• 2BF2B9A8-D242-4E6C-83E4-82A01E9535F3.jpeg
    2BF2B9A8-D242-4E6C-83E4-82A01E9535F3.jpeg
    776.5 KB · Views: 303
Nice 87 Marlboro Claud Majestic... not many around in that for 1 year only paint scheme...how about going down the original Stronglight route?

And yes, quick... stick it in rBotM

Attachments

• MajesticTandem87.jpg
    MajesticTandem87.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 280
Back