Dawes- Milk Race

Jim_Hull

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

Quick question.

Anyone know what the spec was for the Dawes Milk Race road bike? I’ve got the frame but I’m struggling to find what the original components are?

Any pointers are most appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim, check the archive section above under the catalogues as I am pretty sure it should be in there.
Best of luck

Jamie

Re:

Will PM you some stuff that I have.

I have my dads old Dawes Milk Race ready for renovation as I have just sourced a back wheel to complete it.

Re:

Sorry @jim_hull only a newbie so can PM you!

Will build up my credits and then contact you.

Re:

He are 2 screen grabs of the manual I have!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 15.59.14.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 15.59.14.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 380
  • Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 15.59.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 15.59.28.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 382
Re: Re:

Liamo":36kguvd2 said:
Sorry @jim_hull only a newbie so can PM you!

Will build up my credits and then contact you.

No worries, I’m only new too.

That’s fantastic info! Thank you very much! I’ve got a few of those components laying around!

It is a nice looking bike, not the greatest grade of steel but will make a nice town and pub bike! Jim

Re:

Would be interested to see your finished product. I have all the original parts but the rear rim snapped whilst trying to remove the rear cassette. Better now than on a downhill!

Re:

I will try and up load some photos. I’ve only got the frame for now. I’ve removed the old decals and give the frame a paint touch up, T-cut and polish and it looks fine.

It’s always best the defects appear at home. Could have been quiet a disaster indeed!

Re:

Would be interested to see your finished product. I have all the original parts but the rear rim snapped whilst trying to remove the rear cassette. Better now than on a downhill!
Tided up ok.

Attachments

• IMG_20210228_185149_874.jpg
    IMG_20210228_185149_874.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back